Monday, June 1, 2020

"Feel Nothing "



There is no silence.
Heads filled with voices.
Each day seems like a 
struggle against every 
belief we once had.

What happened?
What is wrong with 
everything?
When did the balance of 
humanity suddenly 
fall apart?

I just want to close 
my eyes…
and feel nothing.

Months of isolation.
Some are essential,
some stay home.
We are no longer 
normal. We listen 
to different voices.
Who is really safe?

Divided we all fall.
Beliefs are questioned by 
those we once trusted.
Everyone is wrong!!
When will we be tested?
Too much misinformation.

I just want to close 
my mind…
and feel nothing.

Our hearts have been 
broken in shock.
We all watched as 
a man slowly died.
Blue or black really 
don't seem to matter.

Angered voices erupt on 
familiar streets. 
An oppression that has 
festered inside generations.
How did things go so 
quickly out of control?
How did the message get lost?

I just want to close 
my heart…
and feel nothing.

The sun is still shining 
through the deep green leaves. 
The breeze is still 
sweet with lilac blooms.
The chorus of nature is 
still there to be heard,
our souls need to repair.

Open your eyes to brighter 
days. Open your minds
to something new.
Open your hearts to 
peace and trust.
These things are still real.

I just want to open 
my soul…
and feel something.

The End 




No comments:

Post a Comment