Friday, October 23, 2020

"Solitaire in the Dark "

 



"Solitaire in the Dark"

Greg Budig 2020


Always thought you 

would be here forever. 

Even though we both 

knew you didn't 

have that much time. 

I just had to keep 

myself in denial. 

You just had to keep 

it to yourself. 


I find it hard to 

believe sometimes. 

Like this is just some 

temporary thing. 

That I will wake up to 

find you made coffee,

still at the computer 

playing solitaire 

in the dark. 


So many things I 

want to remember. 

So many memories I 

will never forget. 

We weren't always 

somebody's 

mom and dad,

there were times it 

was just me and you. 



We were together 

for almost thirty years. 

Seems like we knew 

each other forever. 

I struggle now as I 

think of this.  

We were cheated. 

I feel angry, 

that is all. 


I never wrote you 

a love poem. If

I did, it must have 

been a  long time ago. 

Sometimes our feelings 

were never really said

out loud.  Seemed 

like we always knew.


So think of this as a 

love poem.  Even though 

it's now to late to share. 

Think of this as a way 

of saying, I wish I could 

still see you playing 

solitaire in the dark. 

Good night my love. 

Sleep well.


The End 



No comments:

Post a Comment