Friday, September 25, 2020

"No Regrets "


"No Regrets"

Greg Budig 2020


I only wish I would have.

 Or should have maybe still.

I guess I think I could have. 

But does it really matter 

at all in the end?

In the grand scheme of 

life's strange pageantry,

it's all a game chance. 


"You should have been

an artist" I have been 

told so many times. 

Changing the world's 

perceptions. Making 

beauty where none exists. 

But I am still creating,

I am an artist after all. 


"You could have been

a writer!" again

I have been told. 

Creating stories and 

bestselling books that 

all the world adores.

Yet I write for my 

own salvation. 

I'm a writer 

just the same. 


If I only would have 

been someone famous.

I would have risen 

above it all. 

But fame is 

quickly fleeting. 

A vague idea of 

who we really are. 

We all get fifteen minutes. 


I feel I must rework this 

as I write these words 

in jumbled haste. 

I'm afraid the muse,

fueled by some 

fermented drink, 

will simply go away.

The words stream all to 

easily onto the page. 


Time is quickly fleeting. 

The time to live is now. 

I can't worry about 

what I can't control. 

What happened in 

the past is gone. 

Take each moment for 

what it is. Remember,

there are no regrets. 


The End 







No comments:

Post a Comment