Tuesday, September 22, 2020

"Cerulean Skies "




"Cerulean Skies"

Greg Budig 2020


More than blue. 

The sky is radiant. 

Deep and boundless. 

Cerulean skies. 


An atmosphere stretched. 

Flooding each horizon. 

Autumn's backdrop. 

The color of the soul. 


The leaves become crimson. 

They scream of yellow 

and amber gold. 

Swirling against the sky. 


This sacred moment. 

Autumn leaves abound. 

A perfect sky above. 

Reaching to heaven. 


I am not immune to 

this autumnal display. 

Every year it touches 

me like I've never 

seen it before. 


My eyes glaze over. 

Unable to totally 

immerse myself. 

Overcome with color. 


A fleeting moment. 

Suddenly gone. 

Lasting only for a second

in the grand scheme of time. 


The colors of autumn. 

Rich, deep and pure. 

The leaves are on fire 

against the the deep 

cerulean skies. 


The End 





No comments:

Post a Comment