Thursday, July 16, 2020

"The View Outside my Window "



"The View Outside 
My Window"
Greg Budig 2020

The world evolves and 
changes, like the 
view outside my window. 
Hour into hour. Day by day. 
Month after month. 
Seasons pass as the earth 
revolves through the 
view outside my window. 

Night is shadows. Leaves 
silhouette in the moonlight.  
They dance beneath 
the sterile streetlights. 
The bare branches of winter,
black skeleton bones,
twist in patterns against 
the snow and night sky. 

A morning chorus of 
springtime birds erupts 
in the early faint dawn. 
Through my window I 
hear them, fluted voices 
so clear, they sing to the 
horizons first light. Outside
my window they call.

In summer the view is 
a collection of green. 
Shades of yellow and 
blue. A kaleidoscope of 
chlorophyll, movements
of shade and sunlight. 
Constantly changing on 
the warm summer breeze.


Autumns pallet is rich in 
pure gold.  Red and bronze 
against the brilliance of 
blue.  A sky so deep, so clear,
so exquisite. The open drapes 
flutter on the dry fragrant 
air. It smells sweetly of 
dried leaves and smoke.

I  see all the neighbors,
 admiring their landscapes, 
discussing the urgent 
news of the world. 
The mail carriers arrival, 
announced by yapping 
small hounds, it is 
always the same every day.

Through my window is color.  
Through my window is life.  
Through my window I see 
the world moving by. 
Framed by soft curtains,
Beyond the glass and dark 
screens, the view outside my 
 window is mine. 

The End 





No comments:

Post a Comment