Sunday, January 5, 2020

"Still (A Winter's Journey)" Book Number Two




Not long after my first book, "I Hear the Wind" was published, I started working on my second book for Stemmer House entitled "Still (A Winter's Journey)". This book again started life as a piece of prose, a reflective look at a perfect snowy day.
Released in September of 2009, this book was actually published in hardcover, much to my delight! My first book was released in softcover...which really left me feeling quite disappointed.  Softcover can be the kiss of death for newly released children's picture books. 

The use of the word "still " was important to the structure and rhythm of the text to this story.  "Still the snow fell all around me, soft and without a sound. It sifted through the thin fingered branches of the dark winter trees." I imagined walking through a dreamlike landscape, an atmosphere of hazy light and snow. This story was indeed a journey. A journey from the safety of your own backyard and out into a familiar world made new under the cover of the never ending snow.

Here are some very nice reviews! Click on the link to read.







No comments:

Post a Comment