Thursday, March 17, 2022

The Open Window

 


The Open Window 


I sat there…

            Unaware of the 

Open window. 

So involved in the 

Useless interference 

Of my private 

Thoughts,

I ignored the presence 

                                of life.


Then I became aware.

Not so much by

                 a sound…

                       but a sensation. 

An unforgettable 

                        memory.

An internal reminder 

                    of the changing 

                                     season. 


A single voice so distant 

                that it seemed as if 

                                 in a dream.

The lilting evening song 

                 of the immigrant

                                spring robin.

It had returned to remind 

                  me that beauty 

                                   still exists.











No comments:

Post a Comment