Friday, November 6, 2020

"Be Free"



 "Be Free"

Greg Budig 2020


You carried me

before I was born.

You nourished me, 

you gave me my life. 

You went through the 

pain only a mother 

could bare. You brought 

me into this world. 


You guided us the 

best that you could. 

We learned lessons 

from you and from dad. 

When we made our 

mistakes you scolded us. 

But you would forever 

hold our hands in your heart. 


I now hold your hand 

after you passed away.

You simply fell asleep,

you were gone. 

So much of life had 

taken a toll on you. 

It was time to let 

go and be free. 


I will not go through life 

as a motherless child. 

I have a mother and 

she always will be. 

I mourn for her passing. 

I thank her for my life. 

And I will always hold 

her hand in my heart. 


The End 





No comments:

Post a Comment