Monday, May 11, 2020

"Sleeping"


"Sleeping"
Greg Budig 2020

Finally quiet.
My mind has stopped 
its chatter of endless 
questions and doubt.
I submerge into the 
numbness of slumber. 

Eyes closed.
Hands open as my 
weary limbs stretch
suspended in space.
Vulnerable and alone,
resting in the silence.

Breathing deeply.
Hypnotic, measured,
cleansing breaths.
Rising and falling 
in peaceful waves.
Time to exhale.

Mind set free.
Images blurred in 
black and white.
To dream is to fly,
 to search,
 to wonder.

Passing time.
Hours lost moving 
sweetly in the darkness.
Worries no longer 
involve me, I am 
exempt from life.

Set free.
Mind and body at 
blissful rest at last.
Recharged, refreshed,
reborn, relaxed.
Peacefully adrift.

Sleeping.
Something so 
simple but so rare.
To function, survive,
life's exhaustion persists.
Close your eyes and rest.









No comments:

Post a Comment